International Living Magazine has chosen Malta as a top two places to retire. Here is an excerpt from their discussion about retiring in Malta.
The Mediterranean Sea, a warm and sunny climate, a peaceful lifestyle waiting to be lived–that’s what to expect if you choose to live in Malta.
For discerning travelers with a love of culture, history, and excellent weather, that’s good news. It’s a treat to come across places that haven’t had all the charm and identity crushed out of them by the hoards of visitors who have landed on their shores.
The big question is, what can this island offer you as a prospective resident? Well, how about a tranquil way of life and virtually non-existent crime? Year-round Mediterranean sunshine? The opportunity to benefit from a considerable reduction in your tax burden?
These are just some of the advantages to living in Malta. What’s more, you will not have to learn a foreign language. Everybody on the islands speaks English as a second language.
Ten Reasons to Live in Malta
• Everybody speaks English
• You’ll enjoy a warm, dry, Mediterranean climate with good weather year-round
• Crime is virtually unknown
• You’ll find quality properties at reasonable prices
• There’s a low cost of living
• There are tax advantages for foreign residents
• You’ll find good hospital and medical services
• The islands are politically stable
• No religious or racial tensions
• Malta is rich in cultural life and steeped in history