For hundreds of years this attractive looking square has been the centre of Victoria’s town life. There are stalls here every day of the working week. Anything from fruit, fish, fabrics, clothes and knitwear can be purchased here. There are some interesting shops facing onto the square and the bars serve the excellent Gozitan wine. The bronze statue of Christ set in the square itself was erected as a memorial to the local people who gave their lives in World War II, both civilian and in uniform. Atmosphere-laden medieval alleyways, with their bars and shops, can be explored directly behind the square in the Old Town. Just on the square is the Church of St James and the government offices, housed in the semi-circular Banca Giuratale, which dates back to 1733 and was built by Grand Master de Vilhena.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Place Category: Attractions